No one can think how much okra is good for our health. It has a lot of health benefits. Okra is also familiar as ladyfinger. Here we will throw light on some of the incredible health benefits of okra.
Best for eyes:
Okra is the vegetable which is enriched with vitamin A and some of the antioxidants. In antioxidants zeaxanthin and lutein are included which help improve vision and eye health. The lutein gives protection from UV rays which can harm the eyes. Keeping okra in your diet plan aids in better vision. Try to increase its use for the health of your eyes.
Okra benefits for hair:
The vitamins are the source of shine in the hair. As we know okra is rich in vitamin so the use of okra help to obtain shiny hair. Zinc, potassium, folate and copper are also found in okra. These all are very good for strong and silky hair. It works like a natural conditioner and increases the beauty of hair and make them splendid.
Tips on usage:
- Cut about 10 okras and dip in the glass of water.
- Boil it until it becomes sticky.
- Then add a couple of oil drops and leave it to cool.
- With the help of cloth filter it and store it.
- Apply gently on clean hair, rest for 5 minutes then wash again.
As we all know how bad the cholesterol is. To control the excessive level of cholesterol okra is very helpful. It also protects the body from various disease caused by cholesterol, for example, it prevents from heart disease.
Assistance for liver:
Okra is very helpful to improve the liver function. It cleanses the liver from a different kind of disease. It stops fats from accruing in liver. The okra’s substances promote the liver cleansing. So, must add it to your daily meal.
Helpful in blood sugar:
Okra has the properties which help lower down the level of sugar in the blood. It is very good for their health as it has the glycemic index of 20 which makes it good for diabetic patients.
Tips on usage:
- Cut 5 okras, and make a cut vertically in the mid.
- Soak them in a cup of water for the whole night.
- In the morning, take out the okras and drink the okra water with the empty stomach.
Effective in pregnancy:
It is highly recommended for the pregnant woman because of its vast range of benefits. It contains vitamin B which prevents from different defects in birth. It provides a healthy growth of the newcomer baby. The folate included in okras also helps prevent miscarriage.
Best for skin:
The components in okra help to attain a soft, delicate and attractive skin. The vitamin C in okra repair damaged skin and result in a smooth and glory skin.
Tips for usage:
- Make okra water, it means chop 2 or 3 okras and boil for 15 minutes.
- Then let it cool.
- Mash it with jojoba oil and make the paste.
- Apply it on your face then after 15 minutes wash it.
The okra is very healthy and enriched with high components. So, must use it in your meals.