Most of the people love to have pets. Some like birds while other like animals. The love of man for animals or birds is natural. Many of us would like to have the dog as our pet. No doubt, the dog is a faithful animal. He cares a lot for his owner. The dog is also doing the duty of taking care. Many people would like to have dogs for protection purpose. The dogs are well known for protecting the homes.
So, whenever you take dogs or any animals as the pet or as your protection purpose. You should take care of them. You should have to take the glance on your pet’s activity. Is your pet behaving well or if that has become lazy? If you feel that there is something wrong with your pet must visit the pet doctor. Because it’s your duty to keep them healthy and safe from any disease.
Here we are going to talk about diabetes in dogs. Diabetes in dogs is a very multifarious disease. It could occur due to lack of hormone insulin. It could also occur because of inadequate response to insulin. When a dog eats the food his digestive system makes the pieces of the food. The dog’s digestive system forms the food into various compounds. It also makes glucose which is carried into his cells by insulin. The level of blood sugar uplift, when the dog does not produce insulin or cannot utilize it normally. All this form as hyperglycemia in the dog. If this not treated well then it may cause many complications for the dog.
It is important to understand what type of diabetes your dog have and how to control it? Let’s consider what the symptoms of diabetes in dogs are. The following symptoms should be inspected as they could be pointers that Symptoms of diabetes in dogs.
- Change in diet: if your dog is not taking his meal properly then there must be something wrong with your dog.
- Extreme thirst: if you see there is the increase in water consumption then it means your dog is not well. He has got some disease like diabetes.
- Loss of weight: if your dog is becoming weaker than before then he must be diagnosed as the diabetic patient.
- Abnormally sweet smell: if you find extraordinary sweet smell then he must having diabetes.
- Exhaustion: if you feel your dog is not as fast as he was before. Or you feel some laziness in your dog’s activity then he must have diabetes.
- Dehydration: the dehydration is also the symptom of diabetes.
- Urinary tract toxicities: if there is the change in your dog’s urinary tract then there is diabetes.
- Vomiting: vomiting is also a symptom of diabetes in your dog.
- Blindness: if your dog is not behaving well. Then take him for the checkup.
- Chronic: if your dog is suffering from diabetes then he must have the skin infection.
When you feel any symptom among above all then you may go to the pet’s doctor for treatment.